WordPress 3.4 soon to be released
WordPress 3.4 version is planned to be released soon, its currently in the Beta 2 stage. I think the team working on WordPress must be getting really big since they are updating the CMS in a really fast pace lately.
This time we aren’t going to see many changes, looks like the work on the 3.4 version is being done mostly on the compatibility and performance aspect of WordPress.
Bellow are some of the main changes we can wait for the upcoming version (from their blog):
Here’s some of what’s new:
- Theme Customizer with Previewer
- Flexible Custom Header Sizes
- Selecting Custom Header and Background Images from Media Library
- Better experience searching for and choosing a theme
And some of the under-the-hood changes:
- New XML-RPC API for external and mobile applications
- New API for registering theme support for custom headers and backgrounds
- Performance improvements to WP_Query by splitting the query (Please test!)
- Internationalization improvements (improved performance and locale support)
- Performance and API improvements when working with lists of installed themes
- Support for installing child themes from the WordPress Themes Directory
On a side note, we just released the version 1.4.4 of the SEO Facebook Comment plugin, you really should be updating it, since it contains some code improvements and better validation.